Instant CloningExpert for Db2 z/OS
Fast, flexible, efficient.
Instant CloningExpert (ICE) automates and controls the processes required to create a homogeneous system copy or to clone Db2 objects. It addresses and solves all most common problems incurred when creating copies. ICE allows you to:
- Fully exploit instant copies like ESS FlashCopy, Timefinder, and Snapshot
- Automate and drastically speed up cloning
- Create and refresh quality assurance, or data warehouse environments that duplicate production
- Duplicate entire subsystems or just the data
- Refresh and merge clones
ICE supports two methods of cloning; homogenous system copies and homogeneous object copies.
Homogeneous System Copy (HSC) clones an entire Db2 subsystem with load libraries (optionally) and supports extremely fast low level renaming and XML exits. HSC supports every way of cloning, both online or offline:
- Data sharing to data sharing
- Non-data sharing to non-data sharing
- Data sharing to non-data sharing, and vice versa
- Data sharing x members to data sharing y members
- Cross version cloning
Homogeneous Object Copies (HOC) clones just the data you need. HOC clones either single objects or groups of objects based on these approaches:
- Generation of DDL to run on the target system, i.e., when only the DDL is needed.
- Data cloning from source to target, i.e., when only the object data is needed.
- Both generation of DDL for execution on the target system and data cloning, i.e., to fully duplicate objects.
ICE is fully customizable to fit any environment. ICE: Clone in minutes instead of days.