- This event has passed.
18. September 2023 @ 8:00 am – 19. September 2023 @ 4:00 pm EDT
Meet us at the Central Canada Db2 Users Group and join our presentations:
Z03: It’s AI Jim, but not as we know it! [DOWNLOAD]
Db2 13 FL500 introduced AI into the base product combining deep learning and artificial intelligence with advanced IBM z technologies. As a result, you can select columns from your tables/views via a GUI interface, trigger neural network model training and use in built SQL-based semantic queries to discover, match and cluster semantic similarities and dissimilarities.
In this presentation I wish to show you how to install, customize and use the SQL Data Insights, with the following objectives:
- What is AI in Db2?
- Installation, Customization and a list of gotchas!
- Column selection and criteria as well as real world examples
Additionally, I’m going to share a variety of experiences with the Db2s AI extension and provide some best practices as well es real world examples.
Z07: An Audit a day keeps the lawyers at bay! [DOWNLOAD]
Mainframes are arguably the most securable computing platform. Yet they are also subject to ransomware attacks and cybersecurity threats. These risks and other vulnerabilities can lead to serious exposures of an organization’s data. Protecting data, ensuring policy compliance, and maintaining control of the data are crucial to the success of any business.
Stricter government regulations for Data Protection, Monitoring and Auditing require even more vigilance for the CSO, not only to control prohibited access, but also database activities of authorized entities to do their jobs.
Beside the organizational issues, cost based challenges should be in focus:
- Is this 360° solution achieved CPU friendly (e.g. z/OS OPx buffer technology) ?
- Are reports and audit preparation based on common industry standards (Zowe) ?
- Is used technology IBM compliant or Vendor specific (Code or appliances) ?